Push Notifications have become one of the prime marketing strategies of businesses around the world. It is due to their ability to reach the audience instantly. It doesn’t matter in which part of the world your audience is residing, if they are having an Android or iOS device along with internet availability, you can reach them anytime you want.
Isn’t it easy and effortless marketing? Yes, it certainly is.
Moreover, there is no question of small scale business or a large scale business, What only you need is only an app, and you can take the benefits of React Native Push Notifications.
So if you finally made up your mind to start using push notifications in your mobile app written in React Native but don’t know much about the push notifications. No worries, here is a complete guide on the same.
– The difference in implementation is not only limited to platforms but there is also a difference in libraries.
– There is an involvement of the backend/server-side.
– There is a difference in the behavior which is strictly based on the state of the app that varies from user to user.
– There are various types of notifications that you can go with. They can be Local/Remote, Foreground/Background, and so on.
Architecture: When it comes to the architecture, Apple Push Notification Service (APNs) is the cloud service provided by Apple for iOS. On the other hand, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is provided by Google for Android.
Now in order to utilize these services as a developer, you are required to register your App for APN or FCP as per your requirement. Once you are registered you will get a certificate for iOS. On the other hand, you will get a server API key for FCM. You have to save this into your notification provider.
The primary goal of these APNs and FCM services is to let you send a notification to the audience without knowing about the IP address of the device.
All you need to do is to add code into your app. This will register the user’s device with APNs or FCM and you will get a device token in return. Once done, you can send a notification for the given device token from your backend system with the help of the notification provider. This notification message is required to be sent to APNs and FCM. Rest they will take care of the delivery to the user’s device.
Lets’ begin with sending React Native Push Notifications.
When you are there to send push notifications, you must know how to get the best out of it. For this, you can use,
– Rich Media: You can add rich media in the form of images, graphics, emojis, gifs, videos, etc. This will help you to get the best of the push notifications by creating an urge in the mind of the user to open and see the notification.
This not only is going to help you with getting the desired results but also provide you an opportunity to share maximum information with the audience. Even a short video of a few seconds is capable enough to deliver the message that takes thousands of characters to deliver the same information when done via text.
– Personalization: When it comes to attracting the audience to your app, personalization is the key. You can use segmentation and personalization to target the potential audience.
Here segmentation means you can segment the audience on the basis of age, gender, region, and so on. This will help you to send notifications that a person is in need of. Although it doesn’t assure success all the time. Its record is high as compared to a random notification.
On the other hand, you can take the help of personalization. This will let you send personalized notifications to the users. This will motivate them to go for products or services that they have not planned earlier.
– Call-to-Action: This is the area where react-native push notifications differ from a simple text. You can add an eye catchy call-to-action button. It will motivate the user to take the desired action that you want from them and that too at their own will.
The call to action button can be anything like “Download”, “Buy Now”, “Register Now”, “Add to Cart”, “View the Product” “Avail Offer” and so on.
– Feedback: Push Notifications is not all about sending information to the user, You can use them to receive information from the user in the form of feedback. This will make it easy for you to improve your app.
After all, there is no better way other than asking the suggestions from the audience for whom you have developed your app. This will let you make improvements as per the choice of the audience. As a result, you will be able to stand apart from your competitors.
Conclusion: When it comes to React Native push notifications on both Android and IOS. You can easily implement them on both platforms. What matters the most is how much you know about them and how you are going to take their advantage. For the same, detailed information is provided to you here.
Author Bio: Wonderpushis that platform that lets you use React Native Push Notifications to your advantage. It lets you easily implement these notifications on both Android and IOS platforms.