Increase Your Privacy: How to Hide Your LinkedIn Profile
Looking to hide your Linkedin Profile?
Anytime you can decide to get out of people’s focus, being tired of public attention, spammers, or for other personal reasons. There’s no sense in total deactivation of your network profile on LinkedIn. Turning off the visibility of your profile poses to be the best option for this. The article offers a solution on how to hide linkedin profile either for people or web searching.
LinkedIn is a powerful working tool that can bring you a lot of benefit if used correctly. But your enthusiasm is not enough to reveal its full potential, you need a professional look of LinkedInProfileWritingService. A well-created profile, connections, participation in groups can significantly increase your prestige in the eyes of potential employers.
The Way How LinkedIn Works
As soon as you have created a social networking profile, it becomes available to anybody since it comes out as open and a public one by default. It is enough to enter details of your name, job title, or any relevant keywords to get all information about you in a click. Besides, the holders of a paid version will know their profiles get viewed right after you click on their LinkedIn page.
Though all settings are adjusted for free accessing the profile details, you may turn on any controls of privacy and proceed with using the social network in discreet mode. You should understand the information you provide by the public profile regards to drop-outs of engines, being not the same as your main profile. Its adjustments refer to a public page and come customarily viewable as the search engine hits. Net users can view them too without signing on LinkedIn.
At a moment’s notice, you can return and switch back the controls to reactivate this page without creating one more account. If there is a need in a search for vacancies or an urgent connection with someone for working questions, the process of adjusting it back will be simple and fast.
Total Hiding of Public Profile
As an alternative to disabling the account, you can edit with ease your public page to control the preferences in displaying information. LinkedIn allows hiding it within the editing framework. You can edit it by adjusting the settings as follows:
- 1.Log in, go to profile name at the top left of the main page.
- 2.Click on the icon of your account to open the page with your own LinkedIn profile.
- 3.At the top right of your profile page find the link “Edit Public Profile and URL”. By clicking it you will open a new window.
- 4.Choose your preferences for editing from profile settings, you can find them on the right side of the window. Shift from there URL of the page, content, and status of visibility.
- 5.Right under the “Profile Content” heading there is the option “Make my public profile visible to no one”. Turn it in to make your profile discrete.
- 6.To make all data visible again choose the option “Make my public profile visible to everyone” and go to the boxes to turn on the features for displaying.
Note, that after losing access to your email the supporting team may ask for the URL of your public profile page. In case it is disabled they won’t be able to recover the account.
Customizing Visibility Options
It is possible to make the details of your profile partially visible and customize it for displaying to a limited range of users. This way is convenient to apply instead of switching the settings from a public profile to a private one. Also, this is how you can restrict visibility to all current connections or other network users, except the closest 1s-t degree.
Displaying Your Name Restriction
To customize your name showcase, act as follows:
- 1.Sign in to the account, go to the top of the main LinkedIn page, click on your name.
- 2.After the drop-down menu has appeared click there the “Settings” option.
- 3.Choose the “Edit your name, location, and industry” link, which is right under the “Helpful Links” heading.
- 4.Choosing the option “To display only your first name and last initial” will keep your full name hidden.
Removing Specific Content from Visibility
Some data can get hidden from connections and strangers’ viewing. They include a photo of your profile, the history of past and current, or other pieces of page content. If you remove blue dots in each section you will adjust your privacy settings to your desired level of privacy. To do this you should:
- 1.Log into your account and move a cursor to your name at the top of the page.
- 2.From the drop-down menu choose and click the “Settings” option.
- 3.Go to the “Privacy Controls” heading and choose the actions, appealing to you (e.g. offer to turn on/off your activity broadcast, to select who can see your activity feed or what others can see when you’ve viewed their profile).
- 4.Follow the accompanying instructions to adjust everything you need.
- 5.Adjust “Email Preferences” by clicking on the associated tab.
After you’ve learned how to hide your LinkedIn profile you will be able to reduce the tons of spam and unwanted requests. This is useful when you want to prevent leakage of personal information and showing it up as search results of different searching engines. It will be better to remove free public access to your profile than delete it completely.
About the Author
Karen Hampton – Professional Resume Writer
Career Coach on LPWS, who knows everything about career exposure on LinkedIn. Excellent at building your skills into a seductive LinkedIn profile and school you in self-marketing.
You must be logged in to post a comment.