Outsourcing is defined as obtaining goods or services from an external source. In the business world, it is often used to refer to the practice of hiring a company or individual outside of your own organization to perform a specific task or service.
There are many reasons why small businesses may choose to outsource certain tasks or services. It can be done in order to save money, time, or resources. It can also be done in order to tap into a specialized skill set that would be otherwise unavailable within the company.
So, what should your small business outsource?
Here are some ideas:
- IT management: Outsourcing managed IT services is a strategic business practice where an organization contracts out the management of its IT functions to an external provider. This allows the organization to focus on its core business activities while delegating IT-related tasks and responsibilities to specialized providers. IT management outsourcing can encompass various aspects of IT, from infrastructure management to cybersecurity and more.
- Social media marketing and management: Social media can be a great way to connect with customers and promote your business. But it can also be a time-consuming task to keep up with all the different platforms. If you don’t have someone in-house who is dedicated to managing your social media presence, consider outsourcing this task to a company or individual who specializes in it.
- Website design and development: A professional website is essential for any business, but designing and building one can be a complicated and time-consuming process. If you don’t have the internal resources to do it yourself, consider hiring a web design and development company to create a site that meets your specific needs and branding goals.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO is the process of optimizing your website and content for the search engines so that you can rank higher in search results and get more traffic. It’s a complex and ever-changing field, so unless you have someone on staff who is dedicated to staying up-to-date on the latest SEO trends and techniques, it may be best to outsource this task to a company that specializes in it.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: PPC advertising is a form of online advertising where you pay to have your ad displayed on the search engine results pages (SERPs). It can be an effective way to drive traffic to your website, but it can also be expensive if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you’re not confident in your ability to manage a PPC campaign, consider outsourcing it to a company that specializes in this form of advertising.
- Content marketing: Content marketing is the process of creating and distributing high-quality content (such as blog posts, infographics, eBooks, and more) in order to attract and retain customers. It’s a critical part of any inbound marketing strategy, but it can be time-consuming to do it yourself. If you don’t have someone on staff who can dedicate their time to creating and promoting content, consider outsourcing this task to a company or individual who specializes in it.
- Email marketing: Email marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your customers and promote your business. But it can be time-consuming to create and send emails on a regular basis. If you don’t have someone on staff who can dedicate their time to this task, consider outsourcing it to a company that specializes in email marketing.
These are just some of the many tasks that small businesses can outsource. By outsourcing these tasks, you can free up your time and resources so that you can focus on more important things, such as growing your business.