Chango, acquired by the Rubicon Project in 2015 created a solid list of 7 different types of retargeting strategies for marketers. According to Remarketer.com the definition of Retargeting, also known as remarketing, is a form of online advertising. that can help you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they. leave your website. For most websites, only 2% of web traffic converts.
7 Types of Effective Re targeting Infographic Summary
1. Search: Target individuals based on the searches they conducted on Google, Yahoo and Bing
2. Site: Target individuals based on the specific products viewed, actions take or actions not taken (like abandoning a shopping cart)
3. SEO/SEM: Target individuals based on how they arrived on your site – use the inbound event to better customize messaging.
4. Email: Target individuals who are interacting with your email programs.
5. Contextual: Target individuals who have visited a partner site that shares a similar interest/topic to your own site.
6. Engagement: Target individuals who have interacted with distributed content (a custom Facebook page, an expandable video ad unit or online game/application)
7. Social: Target individuals who consume similar content to your existing customers.
Let us know how you approach yourremarketing strategy.